Sunday, November 22, 2015

E. L. Moore's Village Grist Mill

[E. L. Moore's Village Grist Mill; J. Collier collection]

E. L. Moore's Village Grist Mill was published in the April 1967 issue of Railroad Model Craftsman.
From the introduction, it sounds like this was a project he built around Christmas in '66.

Something simple and not too time consuming was needed to pull me out of the holiday slump, and I finally came up with this gristmill I found in a neighboring village last year. I drew up the plans from my snapshots one evening - and four evenings later the structure was ready for photographing.
Like the Cotton Waste Plant, this model also uses actual Northeastern corrugated metal siding instead of his embossed paper technique.
It also makes use of Northeastern capped siding, so it's rather a 'commercial' model for E. L. Moore.

No comments:

Post a Comment