Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Index to the E. L. Moore models posts

I thought that even though the E. L. Moore model posts have been tagged, an index would also be helpful. This is it, and it'll be updated as additional posts in the series are made.

To recap a bit, back in September Debra and I drove down to Raleigh, North Carolina to meet two gentleman who have collections of models that E. L. Moore made. The story about the meet-up is here. They generously offered to allow me to photograph their collections, and it's those photos I'm posting in this series.

Without further ado, here's the list,

Fertilizer Plant

Elizabethton Depot

1900 era shortline terminal yard

Brick Enginehouse

Home for Small Locos and Yard Blacksmith Shop

Central Warehouse

Bunn's Feed and Seed Plant

Jones' Chemical Co.

Schoolhouse and Church

Dilly Manufacturing Co.

Water Tower at Elizabethton

Green House

Stucco House

Elizabeth Valley Cabin

Green Cabin

Molasses Mine and Factory

HOJPOJ Mfg. Co.

Spratt and Kean Meat Packers

Apple Cider Mill

McGee Lumber Co.

Background Building

Small MFG. Plant

Major Hoople's Brick Warehouse

Sail Loft

Two Boats

North Conway Station

Carolina Foundry

Branch Line Station

Norfolk and Southern Yard Office

Firehouse

The RMC Paper Company

Stuckum Glue Works

Village Store

Button Works

Novelty Creators Inc.

Bandstand

Tuscaloosa Depot

Cabin

Wilt the Whip-Maker

Fort

Three Store Fronts and a Shop

Junk Yard Dynasty

York County Court House

Uncle Sim's Snuffery

Kelley's Folly

C. Reid for Feed and Seed

Mountain water wheel mill

Lumber shed

Spumoni Country Estate Barn

Cotton Waste Plant

E. L. Moore's Cotton Waste Plant - Take 2

Brick building extension

Village Grist Mill

Duck blind

Cract and Dentit Manufacturing Co.

Outhouses

Last spring when one of the collections was first brought to my attention, a number of building photos was sent to me. Posts about those models can be found here,

Ma's Place

Two cabins

The schoolhouse

Half of the HOJPOJ Mfg. Co.

In February 2022 I was contacted by E. L. Moore's grandson. It turned out he had a collection of his grandfather's models. He generously shared photos of them with me, and kindly allowed them to be posted. Here's the list:


















[list last updated on 13 March 2022]

10 comments:

  1. Nice to see so much of E.L.s work featured here, and in colour too. Glad so much survived! I loved his articles and have made several for my own layout - Bunn's mill and the meat plant among others. They were classics of their kind. Must tag your site as a 'favourite'. And nice to see John Ahern mentioned too. (I'm English by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John! Bunn's is one of my favourites too. I first learned about ELM when I stumbled across MR and that article in the summer of '73. I was quite happy to see it at the meet-up and was glad that it was still in good condition.

      Delete
  2. Is it that long since I last looked at this site? Thanks for so much new material - such a pity I have so much trouble finding back issues of RMC and RM - but where would I put either the mags or the models? Speak to you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delayed reply. It's a long weekend here and I've been off line doing other things.

      Thanks for coming back and taking a look!

      Delete
  3. Tried to follow several of the links in this article, got an error message:
    NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID wouldn't let me proceed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I'll investigate.

      Delete
    2. I've tested all the links by selecting each one and I don't see a problem - all go to the pages they are supposed to. Was there a specific set of pages that was giving you trouble?

      Delete
  4. Came upon a set of Weston Mini-Figures (a division of Campbell Scale Models) of Mrs. Spumoni, Pistachio & the Family Wash. Had no idea that they existed and was glad to obtain them. Are there other E L Moore figures out there ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have those ones too. I think he used a lot of Weston figures and some of the Airfix OO/HO civilian plastic figures. I should go and try and identify where each of his figures came from. Until then, you might want to look at these posts for clues: https://30squaresofontario.blogspot.com/2017/02/e-l-moores-casting-call.html , https://30squaresofontario.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-adventures-of-baby-spumoni.html , https://30squaresofontario.blogspot.com/2016/11/the-adventures-of-e-l-moore-train.html , and https://30squaresofontario.blogspot.com/2022/04/frankensteins-photographer.html

      Delete
    2. I forgot to mention he used Weston's Flexible Freddy, both as is and as a basis for figure conversions.

      Delete