Sunday, November 22, 2015

A lumber shed by E. L. Moore

[A lumber shed by E. L. Moore; J. R. Fisher collection]

There were a number of isolated odds-and-ends that didn't seem to belong to one model or another. This lumber shed is one of them. At first I thought it belonged to Cal's lumberyard that appeared in the April '73 issue of Model Railroader, but no, it wasn't part of that. And then I thought it might be an outbuilding to the McGee Lumber Co., and it could be, but I'can't say for certain. Hopefully one day I'll figure out where it belongs.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, maybe not. I think the overhang was for a track/side dock. Maybe this was a variant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to recall that freight cars could be pushed into the equivalent structure on Cal's, but I think you're right that is a variation.

      Delete