Sunday, April 8, 2018

A tunnel portal by E. L. Moore

This photo was among those in the E. L. Moore collection. For the longest time I wasn't sure what it was, so I refrained from posting it. But, while looking for photos of EVRR tunnel portals last night, I stumbled across this image from a larger Enskale & Hoentee RR photo that helped me put 2 and 2 together.
While the two don't exactly match, it suggests the upper image is of a newly constructed tunnel portal. I don't know the scale as there was nothing in the photo to compare it to. Could be HO, could be N.

5 comments:

  1. The locomotive is an HOn30 tank locomotive, I'll risk guessing that it was an Atlas product from the early Seventies that has begun reappearing in the last decade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the information! I wonder if it's a Minitrains item.

      Delete
    2. Hmmm. I need to check both Atlas and Minitrains. Thanks again for the tip!

      Delete
  2. Associated Hobbies Manufacturers ( AHM ) imported the HOn30 MiniTrains in the 1970s.
    A German company has recently manufactured a much improved version using the MinitrainS name again, ( minitrains.eu )

    ReplyDelete