Saturday, January 6, 2018

A mountain lake

I was happy to finally find the lost lake photos I took in Utah. Geologically speaking, I don't know if this body of water is actually referred to as a lake. Maybe a pond? Maybe something else? The photo's composition isn't so great, but it gives an idea of what it looked like. And it's Kodachrome too!
Now, this is a lake in a western mountain - Mount Timpanogos in Utah's Wasach range I believe - and I think E. L. Moore's Elizabeth Valley lake is similar to lakes he saw in The Great Smoky Mountains in the east.



For comparison, during the search I found I had this little video I shot of a July day on a lake in Ontario. Clearly bigger than Mr. Moore's EVRR lake, but maybe visually in the same spirit. It's -25C today, so those lake memories are particularly good right now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment