Wednesday, November 18, 2015

E. L. Moore's Three Store Fronts and a Shop

[E. L. Moore's Three Store Fronts and a Shop; J. R. Fisher collection]

These shops appeared in the article Three Store Fronts and a Shop published in the December 1969 issue of Railroad Model Craftsman.
This model was converted into 2 plastic kits: Busy Bee Department Store and Emporium Department Store.
At this meet-up I saw two other projects that were converted to plastic kits: Ma's Place and the Molasses Mine and Factory.
As well, strangely, I had found and built those plastic kits long before I saw the originals: Ma's is here and the Molasses Mine is here.
And, equally strangely, in the summer I found the Busy Bee Department Store kit - one-half of this project - at George's Trains long before I knew the original still existed. To honour that auspicious event, here's the unboxing of that model.

No comments:

Post a Comment