Friday, February 13, 2015

Blue Gecko Records' Recording Studio

Lately I’ve been spending most of my free time on house renovations. I didn’t want to work on any complex modelling projects in what time I had left over, so I thought I’d finally have a go at working on an idea for a small building that used some Mexican tiles I’d been saving. 
I bought them at Casa Lucia in Bloomfield a couple of summers ago when Debra and I visited Prince Edward County. I liked their look and size, and they only cost 50 cents each, so I bought a few. At the time I wasn’t sure what I’d use them for, but they looked like they might be good for some sort of HO scale walls. 
Eventually I settled on a simple ‘chocolate-box’ style project, but the parts have been sitting on my workbench waiting for me to get around to them. Now seemed like a good time. This isn’t a model, just a small building that is close to HO scale that’ll eventually be part of the street scene on the Lost Ocean Line.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, dude, you are thinking WAY outside the BOX on this one! Awesome. I'm not sure I'd ever have thought of using tiles to build a structure, but dadgum if it don't work just fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully I can get some more pictures posted soon. The renovations on the house are winding down, so I should be able to get back to model building before long.

      Delete