Friday, May 16, 2014

Kibri 9922

I paid too much for this re-sale kit, but for some reason it grabbed my attention and I couldn’t just walk on by. It did turn out to be fun to build, and after a light spray of Krylon Fusion nickel-silver paint, it doesn’t look too bad. I think it’ll become some sort of public art work along Ocean Boulevard.
Kibri is one of those names that resonates in my brain every time I see it. Way back when I was probably around 5 or 6, I recall I had a small, modern apartment building kit that I built with my father. The memory is cloudy: all I remember is the box was labeled Kibri, the kit was a modern building and I liked it. Any time I stumble across old Kibri kits of modern buildings I look them over closely to see if any sort of memory will be triggered. No luck so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment