Thursday, September 6, 2012

Light Ray Blues, part 1

“Jack, can you wait a couple more minutes before you run another batch?”

“Sure, but hurry up. I wanna get home.”

I wanted to get out of here too. Jess would be royally bent if I’m late again. I just needed to get those cards updated and I could go.

A bright light slowly made its way down the street and came to a halt near the front door. Oh great. The last car is early. I opened the window and shouted down to the driver, “Wait a minute. I’ll be right down.”

“Ok, but hurry up.”

Hurry up. Hurry up. Jeez. I typed faster. Ok, that got the last one. I handed the stack of cards to Jack.

“Here you go. Let’s hope it’ll be a good run this time.”

“Yeah, me too.”

“I’m outta here. See you tomorrow.” I pulled the cover over the card punch, grabbed my coat and headed for the stairs. Jack added my cards to the bottom of the master deck and then loaded the whole eighteen inch stack into the reader. Maybe by morning we’d have an answer. 

Hopefully, I was now on the right track.

Lucky for me the driver was more interested in ogling the girl on page three of his paper than sticking to his schedule.  I got on the car, dropped a token in the box and looked for a seat where the people didn’t seem too weird. If there weren’t any delays I’d make it home just in time for the start.


You can find Part 2 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment