Saturday, November 3, 2012

A little more about Stella's

In my last post about Stella's I lead with a picture of the front of the building in it's position on the layout. It was a bit blocked by a foreground building, so I thought I'd take a picture of the building by itself.
 The picture above shows Stella's during gluing of the styrene pieces used to trim the windows and corners.
I found that there was a lot of static electricity build-up that attracted dust and dirt to the structure. Before final assembly I washed it with soap and water and let it dry on the sideboard - the liquid refreshment came later :-)
I'm fiddling around with ideas for a sign. I have some blank CDs with labels that make them look like old 45 rpm records. These might make for something interesting.
Here is a cut CD trial fit to Stella's It'll overhand the track, allowing streetcars to pass underneath. I'll keep playing with this one for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment